Thursday, August 20, 2009

Messy Spouse

There are days when I feel like I live with a teenager sharing my closet. Dirty clothes are on the floor, shirts rolled into balls and funky smells coming from the dirty clothes. I imagine that I am not alone and that someone else also experiences this teenager behavior from their spouse when it comes to organization in the closet. My only advice and saving grace has been a custom closet that at least gives a space to hold the stench of dirty clothes, a shelf that rolled up shirts can land and a drawer for clothes that usually land on the floor. It is not perfect, but at least there is place for everything to land. I can't control the smell coming from the clothes but I can control where the smell ends up.

This works not only for your spouse, but also for your kids. If they have a space to throw their clothes then at least it gets it off the floor. And you would be amazed how special a custom closet makes a teenager feel about their clothes. The investment is worth one less headache and fight!

No comments: