Thursday, August 6, 2009

Help - I have a toy crisis!


I received a call the other day from a customer who was a having a toy crisis. Her two and four year old children's toys were taking over her house and she needed some way to control it. This is not uncommon and our designers are very familiar with this situation.


Upon arrival to the customer's house, the situation was clear. There were toys in every room, hallway and space in the house. Small parts were scattered throughout the rooms and the two year old was having a melt down because her doll's shoe was missing.


I quickly pulled out my computer and started to draw a solution to the problem. I put together a plan that would put a wall unit in the play room with pull out baskets for the large, odd shaped toys. I also added some small shelves and cubbies in an existing hall closet designated for the small loose toys. We walked into the basement to see the same situation but even more toys. I designed another wall unit with doors so that all the toys could be concealed behind closed doors.


A couple weeks later, the company installed all the ideas and quickly the toys were contained behind beautiful wall units. The customer was thrilled and felt like she had her house back. The bonus to the units was the children started cleaning up after themselves because they had a place to put all their toys! What could be better than that?


I am excited to share such a simple solution to a common problem in many homes.


No comments: