Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where do I put my wet boots?

I didn't know that a mud room could or would bring me such excitement! With two small kids, getting in the door in the winter was always an event. My daughter would walk two feet in the door, drop her stuff and sit down to take off her shoes or boots. The rest of us would be tripping over her and trying to leap over her to get our own shoes off.
I would also find myself screaming from the back of the pile, keep your wet boots on the rug (referencing our small runner that is supposed to catch all the mud and snow from the shoes and boots).
The mud room has changed our entry into the house making it stress free. Now we walk in, each child knows where to hang their coats, hats and where to put their boots. I don't trip over anyone and I certainly don't need to worry about their clothes and boots landing on a small runner.
Thank you mud room.....you have made my days easier.

No comments: